21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm in, would be a hoot.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I host Zoom for my lodge. I can't get the green screen to work. If I select the computer option, says my computer can't do it so I have to try and put a green background behind me. I wonder if only Apple works for the computer green screen? I haven't tried my phone yet.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I haven't tried the green screen on Zoom, but I have used faux background images. (Or is that the same thing?) I haven't used any special background.
Zoom seems to do that better than MS Teams, with lower hardware requirements.

Randall

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
CX/GL500 Zoom Meet Up
Join Zoom Meeting
(Please use your forum handle as your display name.)
Time: July 4, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (2:00 PM GMT)
Meeting ID: 380 793 6299
Password: Someone once said the original CX500 looked like a "Plastic __." (Capitalize the first letter.)

There's some risk in posting this publicly. Meeting trolls will be booted.

Randall
I'v found, using the link above, no password is required.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
They are related but apparently not the same because it won't let me use green screen either but I usually use a background image
I'll have to put up a solid background behind me. I only get a partial image behind me by choosing a background color.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Maybe because I copied it from my own calendar?
I'll have to look into that.

Thanks,

Randall
I do get a message that the host needs to start the meeting.

·
Super Moderator
14,551 Posts
I hang an old bedsheet behind me. I have been using a white one but I found that when it is it keyed on the white it renders anything else that is white (writing on a shirt, glare on my forehead &c) as transparent so I need to look for one that isn't the same colour as any thing else.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I do get a message that the host needs to start the meeting.
I have it set up to wait for host so the meeting slot doesn't get abused by trolls between now and Saturday.
I keep getting notifications that Lee is in the meeting. Not sure why it's letting him in without the password. He has a paid account, so maybe that's it.

Randall

·
Registered
746 Posts
I hang an old bedsheet behind me. I have been using a white one but I found that when it is it keyed on the white it renders anything else that is white (writing on a shirt, glare on my forehead &c) as transparent so I need to look for one that isn't the same colour as any thing else.
That's why they chose the odd color green for keying back in the day, it was an unusual color and it wan't that common in normal life. Now green is a more popular color so there are more issues with green now. Whichever color you pick to "key" on will make anything else that color invisible.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When the NFL started projecting scrimmage and first down lines on the TV screen, they masked using the moderately dark green color of the turf. I caught part of a Philadelphia Eagles game with the first down line running across the backs of the defensive linemen.

Randall

·
Registered
746 Posts
Randall,

PM sent about zoom.

·
Super Moderator
14,551 Posts
Interesting... I just clicked the link for the meeting. It opened a browser page where I clicked "launch meeting" and it opened the Zoom app and told me to wait for the host to start the meeting with no mention of password.
I closed that, opened the Zoom app, clicked Join and entered the meeting number and it asked for the password. (I just closed the app because I knew the meeting wouldn't be open)

I know about the odd shade of green used for chroma key (did you know the earliest examples used black, then blue and that other colours including blue, pink and even some fluorescent colours are still commonly used when the subject has to be green?).
Youngsters these days don't remember that back in pre green screen time the weatherman stood behind a glass panel with the map painted on in outline and wrote/drew backwards on the back of the glass with a marker so that it was forward to the camera (we had a guy in Toronto that could do that with both hands at the same time!!) I remember one forecaster inadvertently wearing a tie that's pattern included a shade close to the chroma colour they were using so that it produced the same transparent effect I have with the white sheet. The next day they did a feature on how the new system worked....

·
Registered
746 Posts
So that may be the difference, using the link vs. the meeting ID requires the PW?

21 - 40 of 127 Posts