Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Long time no post. Been busy working on the house and making art to fill the studio.

Well my Speedo started jumping, I waited to long to pull it and by the time I did it was dusted.

New replacement, $125.

Used replacement, $100.

New Computer, $79.

hmmmmmmmm.

OK I order this unit, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Univ...torcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2069wt_939

The instructions are pretty clear. I epoxied a magnet in a factory hole in the front rotor and simply zip tie the sensor to the fork.

It also has water temp, air temp, rpm, a full computer with tons of trip and monitoring functions. He actually sent me the next model up I think but I didn't get the water temp sensor. I love it!

The panel above it is a prototype. I real one is smaller with a seamless brass trim. It's almost done. If you just added the unit to any bike I think you'd love it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's surprisingly bright. Day and night it has always been clearly visible. It took me 3 days to get it dialed in to my tire size. I compared it to the radar posts on HWY 67. I get 2 out of 3 right on the money so I know it's pretty dead on.

The back light is really bright at night but not glaring. They did a pretty good job for an inexpensive unit.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Unless you're a purist it's always nice to buy new tech for an old bike. I wasted so much on gauges that I could have bought several nice digital gauges.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I've decided to add another computer and a new light array/ dashboard. Go for the full steampunk conversion while I'm into it.

Here's a link to the full pictorial library. There's a couple of my other projects in there. Feel free to browse around.

Vehicle Pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.