Honda CX 500 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E
2,000 Posts
The real hero is the guy/gal who sold him the bike full of oil and coolant and aired the tires so it would make it. Cheers

Reactions: richnct

·
Registered
1982 GL500i
503 Posts
Also a counterpoint to those who think high rpms on the highway are a “poor design”. I watched the entire video, which I rarely do, and saw the STAR as the bike, not the rider. Therefore I enjoyed it. The “poor little 500, a 40 year old bike, performed stupendously!

Over the years folks have looked at my bikes and I with sympathy, at times. It is then that I cheer them up by offering to race, which initially brings raised eyebrows, then a grin. Sure, where they ask? To Chicago and back I say matter of factly. That’s about a 1750 mile round trip. Their grin fades and they remember something they have to get to. 😆
I have used that one on Tesla owners. That makes them snort and go away pretty effectively, lol! Not that I have any bias against Tesla, but boy, the owners and fan-bois seem to be giving BMW owners a run for 1st place in the snobbery race.

Reactions: richnct

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
(Remember)...The more we discuss this guy....the more people will view his vids.. which is what he wants....😈 ..
All comnents thus far are relevant....but any comments on youtube displaying commonsense will be ignored by his followers......

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,442 Posts
Not that I have any bias against Tesla, but boy, the owners and fan-bois seem to be giving BMW owners a run for 1st place in the snobbery race.
That's because they're saving the planet that your ICE is destroying, you bourgeois pig! Get with the times and drink the Kool-Aid! ;)
[/sarcasm]

• Haha
Reactions: Gerard and 65GTC

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,442 Posts
(Remember)...The more we discuss this guy....the more people will view his vids.. which is what he wants....😈 ..
All comnents thus far are relevant....but any comments on youtube displaying commonsense will be ignored by his followers......
Can anyone bear to watch his vids? I guess some will. Pro wrestling has an audience, after all.

Reactions: nolimitz

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Can anyone bear to watch his vids? I guess some will. Pro wrestling has an audience, after all.
Theres lots of comments on YT along the line of "yo bro"....so hes a Howard Stern in the makin'...
In his mind anyway.

·
Registered
1982 GL500i
503 Posts
Theres lots of comments on YT along the line of "yo bro"....so hes a Howard Stern in the makin'...
In his mind anyway.
The two words I make a point of ignoring when someone is trying to hail me, "yo" & "bro". "Buddy" used to be annoying enough over the last 40 years, but current slang has just become sickening. One of my best friends always calls me "bubba", but he's a Boston native, so I let it slide, lol!

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E
2,000 Posts
It's alot better video with the sound turned off, he did manage to get some good shots.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts