Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83' CX650c , 80' CX500c
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been researching here for the past year but not posting. New to motorcycles just taught myself to ride a few years ago. Started out learning to ride dirtbikes, picked it up pretty fast. Then somewhere on the internet I saw some pictures of Tossa R vintage Honda builds and this changed everything for me. Jumped in head first and I currently have 2 builds going, no license endorsement yet lol.

Here is my project CX500. It was a barn find from a rural area, hadn't run in 10 years. Complete mess when I bought it and boxes of parts.

Photograph Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light

Rear frame removed.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Monoshock Installed
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Fuel tank Vehicle

Currently looks like this. Pic of it getting trailered for some final electrical work and a mechanical once over.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
83' CX650c , 80' CX500c
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here is the CX650 project I’m almost done with. Here is photo when I bought it. I basically bought for the Cognito front end and spoke wheels. It needed a complete rewire and a little TLC. I found a CX500 Eurosport gas tank in Germany, and changed the tank and seat lines considerably.
Condition as bought:

As bought wiring:
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Currently how the bike looks now: (literally took the photo today, still working on a few things, pipe wrap and cleaning up the tank emblem)

New rewire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Wow, you definitely resurrected that bike, nice. (y)

Reactions: Revoa4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts