Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in CA can ship. Had a CX500 Deluxe then a GL500 back in the day. Always wanted a GL650 (interstate model ok too)
Thanks

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
With all the scammers signing on and immediately offering transactions, it's hard to know if this is legit.
So, talk to us, Pbro. Let us get to know you. Tell us about your Deluxe and Silverwing. What did you like about them? What didn't you like? Why did you move on from them?
If you are legit, welcome to the forum!

Randall

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Randall,
Well my very first bike was 78' Honda 400 Hawk, many great experiences. I've since gone on to own many Hondas and after a 20 year hiatus from bikes (read wife and kids) I've been more into dual sport riding these last 5 years. But I digress.. second bike was a second hand cx500 that had a huge dual bucket saddle and a windjammer fairing. didn't have it for long long but had some great trips on it to Big Bear and Palm Springs area. Didn't have it long , sold because a friend had a CB750 custom (81 I think) and sold it to me almost new because he never road it much. Loved that bike had it for a few years, it got stolen and used the insurance money to get a new GL500 (that was a few years old from the dealer!) at a great price and really put alot of miles on it. Put an Aero foil? bar mounted windscreen on it and proceeded to ride it everywhere. Did all my own work on it and used for a long time when I worked as a motorcycle courier for 123 messenger service (yes I had to wear a tie under my leathers!) After that I bought a new 88 honda Hawk GT which was probably the most awesome bike I ever owned... anyway so I'm interested to get the GL650 for weekend rides. I always thought my GL500 was great but if it had a little more low end power and a little taller gearing.... So I'm looking for a GL650 for a little fun and a little nastalgia. Peter

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
anyway so I'm interested to get the GL650 for weekend rides. I always thought my GL500 was great but if it had a little more low end power and a little taller gearing.... So I'm looking for a GL650 for a little fun and a little nastalgia. Peter
I got mine for travel and so I have a rider while I work on my GL500. I researched newer used Hondas and even the Royal Enfield. But as you say, I like my GL500 and few of them can top the GL500. I just wanted the extras you mention for my perfect tourning bike.

The mechanic that changed my tires on my GL500 said he sells his refurbished bikes from Minneapolis online, mostly to people on the coast, especially California. (He had a pristine Kawasaki in the garage when I made my first visit. Mentioned his price and said "Nobody around here would want to pay it.) He said they can ride all year so they wear the bikes out. But 3 or 4 months of the year, bikes are in the garage here.
When you say "For the weekends" so you mean in town or for travel?

Lee In Minneapolis

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Located in CA can ship. Had a CX500 Deluxe then a GL500 back in the day. Always wanted a GL650 (interstate model ok too)
Thanks
Peter
I have an 83 GL650I I'm willing to sell. Located in Boise. It currently shows 62k miles on the clock. I cant say if accurate or not. Silver in color w/ the expected 35+yr patina. Nearly no rust showing any where. All fluids changed, new tires last fall. Was in running condition this spring before I stole the battery for my 500. If you are interested you can PM me your # and I will give you a call. Like many others here I am becoming very cautious of scammers. Thanks
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts