Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. I am looking for a replacement speedometer for my 79 Custom. My current speedo has about 5.5k miles on it. If one could be found with similar miles, that would be great.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Varond,

If you manage to replace your speedo, I'm missing the reset knob/sleeve for the odometer on the exact same model....any chance?

Last fall I picked up a '79 CX500C with 3000 miles on it. I rebuilt the carbs over the winter and got it certified about a month ago.....great riding bike, but I find the range quite short due to the small "custom" tank.

Cheers!

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Think I have one with 10,000 kilometers on it if you want to convert to metric ?. That is approximately 6000 miles.
Hi KLCruiser, sorry, just saw this reply now.....not very good at navigating around here yet! Anyway, what did you want for the speedo? I'm almost getting used to keeping track of my mileage reading when filling up, but converting it to metric might not be bad.....find myself racing down the rural highways way too fast! ;-)

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have three Speedos, the one with 74k is the only one I haven't hacked the wiring harness off, take your pick, any one for the price of shipping. All three have the trip meter knob.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have one with about 4600 on it I believe, just took it off like 2 days ago

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts