Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have a write up from a magazine of the 650 turbo available .

or a lead on a sorce of a good one.

thanks mark

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Are you looking for hard copy (original articles/magazines) to own, or just scanned versions to read? There were several articles in mc magazines from various countries at the time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks wildman and rich yes i was looking for something that gave the specs and a bit to read .i looked at the on line write up which was perfect but i will probably buy the book too.

thanks to all.

i dont need it yet but is the stator replacemnt a job for the home mechanic or are there special tools and an extra pair of hands required.

thanks mark

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
does any one have a write up from a magazine of the 650 turbo available .

or a lead on a sorce of a good one.

thanks mark
Did you buy that bike from Mike in Houston a few months ago? I was about to head down there and we had a bad ice storm and by the time I could go again some bozo had beat me to it. Lucky you. I did find a 1200 mile bike in California that I am having shipped in, it just would have been easier to drive down and to have bought that one. I will look around for articles. We really need to find a way to post all that stuff on the forum anyway. I have that book that was referenced below and it is pretty good. Be sure to buy the full factory shop manual. There are about six or seven on e-bay right now, not sure what that indicates. I paid about $35 for mine a while back.

I saw you commenting on that 500t over by Austin too. It sounds nice, but I am real inventory heavy now too. Fortunately I have so much crap in my basement shop that my wife can't tell which one, or two, or three just snuck in.

Ed

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you buy that bike from Mike in Houston a few months ago? I was about to head down there and we had a bad ice storm and by the time I could go again some bozo had beat me to it. Lucky you. I did find a 1200 mile bike in California that I am having shipped in, it just would have been easier to drive down and to have bought that one. I will look around for articles. We really need to find a way to post all that stuff on the forum anyway. I have that book that was referenced below and it is pretty good. Be sure to buy the full factory shop manual. There are about six or seven on e-bay right now, not sure what that indicates. I paid about $35 for mine a while back.

I saw you commenting on that 500t over by Austin too. It sounds nice, but I am real inventory heavy now too. Fortunately I have so much crap in my basement shop that my wife can't tell which one, or two, or three just snuck in.

Ed

yes ed i am that bozo, he said that someone from another state was interested ,you wouldnt have liked it anyway.sounds like you got a real low millage one comming so sometimes things happen like that for a good reason.

that 500 in austin is cheap and if it had been on offer before i would have probably gone that route instead.

when will you take delivery of your california dream?.

cheers mark.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Purchase the CX Performance Portfolio book.

Ebay link

Worth every penny and they are becoming hard to find.

thanks george got my copy today and it looks like a good referance for these great twins.

cheers mark

·
Registered
762 Posts
low mileage bike from California...eww scary...

is it in showroom condition?

hope you did your homework, assuming you did...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
low mileage bike from California...eww scary...

is it in showroom condition?

hope you did your homework, assuming you did...
As I said on another post, there is only so much homework you can do 2000 miles away. Part of it is just the comfort you get from talking with the seller. If you are dealing with a jerk there are probably not enough precautions you can take. This seller gave me a certain degree of comfort and I hit the deal. It was a two owner bike. When it got here it looked nearly new, or as new as a 28 year old bike can look. Unless one of the owners spent a whole lot more than I paid for it to restore it, I have to believe it is original. With the valve covers off everything looks new under the hood too. I found the bike on Cycle Trader.com, so it did not seem to get as much coverage as it might have elsewhere. If it had been on E-Bay it might have gone for $1000 or $1500 more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.