Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Won't start

3101 Views 22 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  bandit
hey everyone, so i got all the fuses replaced, new battery, but only my headlamp and a red light on my panel is coming up. Whenever i push the start button, it wont even make a sound. The headlamp light dims when i push it, but thats it, no sound, doesn't even try to start it up. Do you guys think its the starter motor or the button itself?
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
lol.oh we are talking about carb boots...omg,as Allan said...they are a must,and need to be airtight for the carbs to work properly

Ya sorry guys, i'm not great with part names yet but i'm getting there. I know its an issue, but i have a feeling It will have to be ordered =/ .... unless u guys know of some ghetto rigged version that works fine lol
You should have a boot on there,,the bike may not work properly without it as this will cause a lean condition at higher rpms on that side,,as well as there being no air filter.

As Bandit said above, pods have been used but sometimes they can be a headache to get set up properly.

I think i'll stick to the air box for now, but theres actually a cx running around in town that has pods, so if i can get in contact, it might help things along a lot.

He also did rear sets and had to do some weird linkage. we'll see what happens, thanks for the response though appreciate it
Ya sorry guys, i'm not great with part names yet but i'm getting there. I know its an issue, but i have a feeling It will have to be ordered =/ .... unless u guys know of some ghetto rigged version that works fine lol
hey,no worries about part names,between us all,we will work out what you mean.

you can buy them new,but quite expensive.or put an advert in the buy/sell forum,see if someone has a spare.bear in mind.left and right are different.as are cx and gl

put your location into your signiture line.it helps to know where you live
See less See more
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.