Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its sunday. my day to work on the bike. i wheeled it into the front driveway. started great. had to reset the idle speed and air/screws but it was running perfect. so i squeezed the clutch lever. kicked it into first gear to start checking some other things. i intentionally stalled the bike to check at which point in the lever operation the clutch fully engages. the only safety device i have is the neutral postiion switch. so i kicked the lever up, the light didnt come on. so i released the clutch and pushed the bike a little bit. first gear was still engaged and it won't release. i thought maybe it was clutch cable adjustment so i spent the last hour trying to adjust it. i only made it worse now the clutch cable is all f'd up and i still can't release 1st gear. the last time this happened i let it sit and hour and it was able to disengage. that may have just been coincidence. theres no question i have a clutch problem but i don't know where to begin. any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rocked it back and forth a little bit and it disengaged. now it seems to be working fine. everything was good to go and the bike was good and ready until about 5 minutes ago when i went to put it back in the garage i hit one of the posts on my house (i was only pushing it) and knocked my lic. plate bracket off. it was poorly welded on to begin with. i'll screw it or rivet it in place later and welded it later than that. my wife said the funniest thing to me too just now. i was moving the bike and she said "you know i'm suprised with how good it looks" my response was "thanks... i think"

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i cleared off the plate bracket just after she said she liked it. its back on with a few pop rivets. i'll weld it on later. i still have to redo the welds on the rear fender and i might weld in another strut bar on the left side of the bike for symetry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.