Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I'm on to the wiring phase of my build. And of all the various "phases", this one is the most intimidating. This past weekend I dusted the cobwebs off of the soldering iron and got all of the handlebar controls/switches wired into the M-button and neatly hidden in the headlight. I ran some power to the M-Unit Blue and tested my work... so far, so good.

I am out of state for work for the next week and so I'm trying to read up as much as I can before I get back home to begin tackling the rest of the system located under the seat: Battery, Starter Solenoid, R/R, Starter Motor, Stator, M-Unit, Ignitech, Ignition, Coils, etc

I've combed the forums and got some good notes so far, but if anyone has any recent experience, wise words, photos, wiring diagrams, etc to share it would be much appreciated! (Especially regarding fuses, as I have a billet triple tree clamp and so the stock fuse box is gone.)

wiring1.JPG

View attachment 146193

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
G'day vegashelipilot.

I'm no expert as I am not up to that stage yet, but I believe you won't need any fuses with M-unit or M-unit blue. Also doing away with relays.
The boys at Revival Cycles have some cool vids that show how they work. The manual is also very detailed. Good luck.

https://revivalcycles.com/pages/videos-all

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, that is reassuring. From what I have read so far, that was the only spot it looked like I needed to add a fuse.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You shouldn't need fuses for the motogadget. It will automatically shut down shorting circuits and activate high-draw circuits (horn, lights etc) to bleed excess current.

Having said that, I did put;

30A fuse on the reg/rec charging circuit
30A main fuse on the battery end of the power feed to the motogadget; it's fine that it will switch off any circuit with a short, but that still leaves a hot wire from the battery.
independent headlight wiring loom; mostly because I have a bixenon projector headlight, which is a legal grey-area and I am anticipating being told to change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts