Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get OEM wire harness connectors?

Back story:

I am gonna be rebuilding 2 bikes this winter, an '80 CX500 that is currently on the road & an '82 CX500 that is not. The '80 has a harness in it currently, the '82 does not. I'm planning on completely rebuilding the harness on the one, & building one for the other. It will be easier in the long run if I can use OEM connectors so I'm not constantly having to re-wire any new parts down the road.

Thanks

Pete.

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts
Not to kick your idea but I think you should source a harness for the 82 since they are different than the 80. Someone here might have one you can have. If it was the lesser years I have 1 1/2 that you could have. Keeping the wires straight would be the hardest part.

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Try vintageconnections.com, AGB-1

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Page 3 of the electrical section on the Z1 Enterprises site has connectors.

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog.aspx?pid=GL500-1982-EL0

By no means inexpensive but it's nice to have a source.

I will however agree that the complete harness could be found at a reasonable price. Not everyone that's obviously parting one out on eBay is going to list it but if you dropped them a line they'd probably list it for you or sell it to you outright. Most are probably tossed with the old frames.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,444 Posts
I'll second Vintage Connections. Easy to order, and shipped fast.

I just bought some 3.5mm bullet connectors. Had to buy 25 to get four, so if you need just a couple, let me know.

R

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thanks everyone.

Will think about that stitch. I kinda wanted all new wires since they are old & A used harness will be too. I'll have to decide if its worth the cost and hassle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts