Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I went to wire up some blinkers this week.

What happens: I turn on the blinkers, the turn signal light turns on as it should; the blinker stays on solidly, and doesn't blink it just stays solid. Then there is a loud squeeking noise from a little round thing in the front of the bike where that jumble of wiring is at...

I'm stumped.

Thanks a ton for any info.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Is there any chance your turn signal flasher is inside your headlight bucket? Or a mouse holding the wires to connect them and disconnect them?

I note you're from Eugene, my original home town, and I know the rumors, so could that be it also?

All kidding aside, the flasher should be in the side cover, and it could cause a similar noise if failing, so I'd replace it. Cheap to do, easy to find, any auto part house.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have no idea. The noise is coming from the front of the bike; where the headlight bucket would be.

Also, to note; I disconnected the object that was squeeking when the blinkers were turned on, and the blinkers still work but just stay solid. So I have no idea what's going on.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
It couldn't perhaps be an audible repeater that someone has added at some point?

I agree with Ramprat, it sounds like the flasher can has died. Not familiar with the GL models so can't tell you where it is.

I'd also give a quick clean to the earths. Whether or not they're part of your problem this should be done as routine maintenance and almost never is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just did some reading, and I thought I should mention that I do not have a front headlight wired in right now. Also I don't have any running lights, or horns hooked up. All of them have been disconnected. So I don't know if this would effect the blinkers.. but I read something about how if you don't have a headlight or front lights hooked up the blinkers wont work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.