Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've attached most of my wiring back except for some that were all ready unattached. They were located directly under the seat and had some blue tape around them. It appears that they were attached at one point in time to something, but previous owner(s) maybe decided not needed. I'm totally guessing here. Are they auxiliary wires??

Sorry no pics.

Deuce

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
On one of my GL's, the wires were there and attached for rear running lights. I can't remember their colors, but I disconnected and taped them off. They were in the group of wires that led to the rear lights/signals.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
May be extra. There have been features through the years that were dropped but the wiring harness wasn't upgraded so you end up with loose ends. A good example of this is the "one brake light bulb is out" module that is on some bikes but not on later models. The thing illuminated the Oil Pressure Light when you were braking if a lamp was out and I assume it it freaked too many people out thus it was dropped.

If I recall some even had a sensor that warned you if the sidestand was down and you had it in gear while running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts