Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got Sta-Bil , Seafoam and alcohol free gas in tank , but haven't drained the carbs yet hoping for a few more riding days.
Got a week of over freezing temps coming. The alley is not packed ice but fluffy snow. They've been dropping sand on it. I live on a snow emergency route connect to Lake St. Hoping to get out!

alley snow.png snow alley.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,034 Posts
I posted this elsewhere but it fits here too. I've been messing around with a cheap dashcam I bought last year to see if I can use it on Eccles but the video is bad and the audio is worse so I don't think I'll use it very much. Here is part of my ride yesterday, including going around the "new" block where the road doesn't get plowed (they started building a new road next to ours 2 years ago and have finally begun construction of the first house). The snow is really just deep enough to make everything look white but the farmer whose field is just beyond the new road was harvesting soybeans only last Friday and I can see the tips of the grass in our yard.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, thanks for the video! Good to place a place with a name.
I have a Polaroid Cube+ and a cheap Chinese GoPro knock off. Without image stablization, I wonder if they have the best chance mounted to a helmet?

Naked GL500
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
thanks Bob. That's what happens when you are doing two many things at once.

Image only 4 more days to spring. Nothing lik the 60's and 70's for some good riding weather. I can wear all the protection gear and not over heat.

Finally spring is on the horizon. I have been laid up with rotater cuff surgery for 4 months now. Two months to figure I needed and operation and two months to get some use from the arm. No strength to ride for another few weeks. Maybe some short trips on the little ninja.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
My C is put to bed for the winter and I am working on the 77 GL1000 (slowly) and maybe it will be ready for a start up by spring (hopefully).
There is a lot of PO neglect and cob job repair on it that needs to be sorted and it is beginning to look as if the 76 LTD is going to be the parts bike.

·
Super Moderator
13,034 Posts
I had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago. I was on light duty at work for several months while they got me a referral to a surgeon and then a couple more months before the surgery but I was allowed to drive a sidecar outfir the whole time. After the surgery I had 3 months to recover; The surgery was in June so I figured I'd make the best of things and lay in the sun a bit while I was off but we had the coolest, wettest summer I can remember....
Now that shoulder is better than the other one.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Just back from a 15mi ride on the CB450, mid 40's and dry roads here today. Rain heading in for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just back from a 15mi ride on the CB450, mid 40's and dry roads here today. Rain heading in for the weekend.
Great! 36*F here now. Supposed to get almost a week of these temps here in Minneapolis

·
Registered
978 Posts
I just bought a couple extra action cams that are made by AEE and carried by Hitec, made for RC use but I intend to get a RAM mount to allow them to be mounted on handle bar or similar. The MD10 is a 8MPixel 1080/30 frame a sec capable or a S60 for 1080P 1080/60 fps and 16MPixel. If you want one, $40 for the MD10 and $50 for the S60 plus shipping. They have the waterproof cases included and the MD10 is more like a small vertical box whereas the S60 is mor of a Hero form factor. 1in screen on the MD10 and S60 has a 2" screen.

Bob,
That cheap camera needs some shielding badly, picking up emi from the bike pretty bad, or was the video in a car?

We got a foot of snow last weekend with warm temps making it disappear quick, except the plowed and shovelled piles... Some yards in shade are not melting as fast. But rain tonight and tomorrow with the added warmth will do in the snow that remains...

·
Super Moderator
13,034 Posts
I think the noise is probably coming from the power supply, a lighter socket to mini USB cable plugged into an outlet in the sidecar.It is set up to start recording when the power is live so it has to be plugged in to work.
BTW: This one was under $15 CAD on eBay so it isn't surprising that it isn't very good.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, needs isolation on the power side probably too. But, like you say, $15cdn is cheap. The ones I am selling were originally well over $200.

·
Registered
947 Posts
RAF got to ask why so cheap?
I am interested in 2. We are traveling now to our winter home? Once we get settled I want to order.
Thanks
Charlie

·
Registered
978 Posts
Charilie,
I got a good deal on them so I was looking to pass it along. You want one of the S60s or two of the MD10s. I only have 1 S60 left, forgot to mention that. Sorry. I have 3 of the MD10s and 1 of the S60s still available. I will presume you want an S60 and a MD10 until I hear otherwise.
David

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was a balmy 44°F today, so I went for a little ride. Only place I dodged ice was just n the alley.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope to get out tomorrow again! 48396606_10155935020047057_7924719714914271232_o.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts