Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the mounting brackets from a 1980 Deluxe fit a Windjammer mounting frame that goes onto a 79 Custom? These are the brackets that go from the mounting frame to the Z brackets that attach to the bike. A seller on here has some and I need to know if these are compatable. The Vetter website cautions that even subtle differences like this can cause a set of brackets NOT to fit. HELP!

·
Registered
835 Posts
The bottom of all the windjammers have the exact same dimensions. What I mean, is if you have two bikes (in my case a 1982 CB750K and a 1982 CX500 Custom) They both have their respective Vetter mounting hardware, and I can take the Vetter windjammer from one bike to the other no prolem.

The subtle differences between Deluxe, and Custom mounting hardware - I can't help with. I haven't yet tried to mount the Vetter gear on my deluxe. I think there are diffences in the mount around the radiator between the two bikes. Would be cool though to put it on the turbo - just for fun!

(ps, I like that we can use the smily things on the new forum!)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the input. Does anyone know for certain if there is a difference in the mounting brackets for Deluxe vs Custom? The seller is sending pics tonight and I need to get this issue RESOLVED.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,454 Posts
I know the Standard mount is different, because of the difference in radiators.

I think the Deluxe and Custom should be the same, as they share a common radiator and engine mounts. The frame differences on the Custom are in the tail end.

R

P.S. If you are using the Standard offset brackets that I sent you for the engine guards, you might need to use a Standard fairing mount, too. If I remember correctly, the Vetter subframe connects at the radiator mount, as well. I don't recall how much adjustment range there is, so you may need to mod a little to make the Standard mount attach to the Deluxe/Custom radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts