Honda CX 500 Forum banner

will the ten % ethinal in gas afect anythingon my bike

3K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  NateDawg 
#1 ·
i know that a lot of cars have engine problems i know i did will ethinal afeact my bike the same as my car and if so what is the best thing for it is there an aditive i can use

Discussion starter · #13 ·
The two I mentioned earlier are the most common ones, and basically only used like every third tankful or so. Always use the MFG's recommended amount, which isn't a lot. Something like a couple capfuls per tank. I'm not sure if they really help with reducing the effects of ethanol or not.
were can i find eath one of these additives?

Discussion starter · #15 ·
They are readily available at Wal-Mart in my area as well as most auto parts stores. I have used both in the past, but I am currently using Berrymans B-12 because it is less than half the price of Seafoam and performs just as well for me. The instructions suggest 1oz per gallon of gas, but I generally use 1oz per tank of gas. Mostly to cut down on the amount of harsh chemicals in the system.
thanks i will look tonight. and were can i find a new air filter i have looked everywere and knowone has them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.