Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, I decided that it'd be a wise idea to move back in with my family to save money on rent until I got my college degree. About a week or two of their bumbling idiocy lead me to believe that maybe it wasn't the best idea.

Anyhow, one of my family members decided that my original CDI that was laying with my stuff was just so unsightly, so she put it under my tank bag. My tank bag that mounts y way of several strong magnets.

I don't think that my CDI was bad...I did at first when I switched to an ignitech, but then it turned out that it was my coils and plug caps. So now it's just kinda laying around.

I'm unsure of what sort of stuff is in there, but I know that magnets and electronics usually don't mix. Did my moronic family member kill it, or am I just overreacting?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just don't put your tank bag over the PC monitor. Monitors are not magnet friendly!

When I was about 12 I killed my first monitor that way. Also killed a cell phone and a gameboy haha. That's what kinda spooked me. And made me a bit angry too ><.

Glad that it wasn't killed, though. I need to hook it back up and see how much of a difference it makes over the ignitech. I'm going to take it with me next trip I go on, just in case my battery dies or something. With the original CDI I can just bump start my bike and go without lights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.