Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because a day hasnt gone by that it hasnt been tripple digit tempatures here

Starting to wonder if it will ever cool down.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
i know where your coming from Zorce.

same here,and august is hotter than this.

i even bought an umbrella to keep in my back box in case of a running repair,or to stop and take on water.umbrellas are used more here in the summer than the winter.

i had to meet some friends for a meal 2 weeks ago,at 8pm the temperature was 43c

·
Super Moderator
15,408 Posts
Not sure what temps you guys are seeing but it was 100 and humid most of last week and I rode every day. The hard part was stopping. The gear gets hot and if you don't flip up the shield on the full face helmet the sun starts to boil your eyes out.

But then again I was working in semi trailers averaging about 120 degrees. Drinking a liter of water per hour and still coming out dehydrated was retarded.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it is hard to get motivated when it is so hot. One of these days I would like to build a little shop with a window unit or something.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
That triple digit temp is why my Turbo is still up on blocks so to speak.

I do work on it about 3 hours a day, early in the morning. Got the front

wheel assembled and the valve covers polished today, tomorrow maybe fork seals.

In a week or so I may get to ride, only been about 6 weeks since I started the work.

Hope to have the project finished in a week or so and see how she runs.

This started out as front brake pads and fork seals and turned into a nightmare.

I could have waited until winter and done the work in my heated garage.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
That triple digit temp is why my Turbo is still up on blocks so to speak.

I do work on it about 3 hours a day, early in the morning. Got the front

wheel assembled and the valve covers polished today, tomorrow maybe fork seals.

In a week or so I may get to ride, only been about 6 weeks since I started the work.

Hope to have the project finished in a week or so and see how she runs.

This started out as front brake pads and fork seals and turned into a nightmare.

I could have waited until winter and done the work in my heated garage.
i guess it doesnt help to have some one fishing on your land at 530 am this morning and yes the fishing was great

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mid 80s here today. I spent the cooler part of the day working on the pond, then when it warmed up, I took the calipers off the bike, and went down into the basement to rebuild them. I'll bleed the system in the morning before it gets up into the 80s again. I think I've been spoiled living here in the Great NorthWet so long, 80 is hot.

Peace,

DB

·
Registered
155 Posts
Start early and don't stop till yer somewhere cool!

And even then don't stop fer long!

But I do envy those of you who live where it does not get so hot........

·
Registered
706 Posts
Zorce, when you get it running you need to take a ride down here to Seguin and I'll give you a free dinner at my restaurant.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I got started pretty early yesterday - well, 10:30 am on the weekend is early for me. I knocked off around 8:00pm, with several breaks in between. I will probably hit the garage today around the same time - that is, unless The Brickyard 400 sucks me in. I may watch it in the garage.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Seems that I've ridden less this year than any time during the past five years. During the afternoon it's just plain miserable. Gotten to where I'm riding only on Saturday and Sunday morning until about 11:00. Then, in to A/C. At least there's little yard work to do since the grass went dormant.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Zorce, when you get it running you need to take a ride down here to Seguin and I'll give you a free dinner at my restaurant.

Sounds good. Thanks for the offer. I havent been out that way in a long while.

Oh and not sure if anyone was watching the tropical storm coming in from the Gulf. As soon as it hit the coast, the Texas hot dry air evaporated and sucked the water right out of the storm instantly killing it and it vanished from radar.....lol They said that has never happened and is a first for the record books. We were really counting on that rain. The drought is killing what plant life is left out here.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here in Alaska our rainy season has just started, and the last month has had me working 10-12 hour days 6 days a week and the last couple of weekends I have been rebuilding an old Chevy Blazer for my son, I have not ridden either of my CX bikes hardly at all, the newer CX650 I just rode up the street and back, the CX500 has not been rode at all this year, and the new Star 1300 was ridden briefly a couple of weeks here.

Its not the heat, we don't have heat, what we have is a short short summer when all I do is work till I drop dead, and then a miserable 6 months of winter. And while june and july was dry business was very good, now the rains are here, and I hate riding in the rain. Since I drive a concrete mixer the orders come in on the good dry days. I guess maybe I will just invest in some rain gear, when it rains I can take a day off, hardly any concrete work in the rain.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Well, I didn't get into the garage at all this week - it was just too hot in there in the afternoons. I'll hit the carburetors early in the morning and should have them knocked out before it becomes unbearable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts