Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it part number 91302-GEO-000? That's the one I got and it looks huge.

Material property Finger
It's supposed to go around that thing to the left of it, right?

I've seen some people say part number 91302-044-013 is a better fit. Can anyone confirm?

·
Super Moderator
2,846 Posts
For some reason, Honda has packaged the wrong size O-ring with what was supposed to be the correct 6.9X1.5
A couple years back I mentioned this to my Honda parts guy and he was able to find the correct size, but it was listed in the automotive Honda parts.
The 6.9X1.5 O-ring can be ordered and bought through any Honda automotive dealer using the part # 91325-P4V-003
I bought several of them and they have fit and worked perfectly in several motors I've built.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LRCXed, you're a lifesaver! Thanks!

And when I get it, it goes around that little steel nipple in my photo? I want to double check because though the service manual makes it look like that's where it goes, its photos are super dark and muddy and there wasn't one there when I took things apart. Either I'm looking at the wrong spot, or I've been riding around without an o-ring there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Excellent post! I'd like to know why I am missing the o-ring on the right head (removed head to install a timesert for the spark plug). In the left head, I found the o-ring in the hole above the nipple. The heads had never been removed.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent post! I'd like to know why I am missing the o-ring on the right head (removed head to install a timesert for the spark plug). In the left head, I found the o-ring in the hole above the nipple. The heads had never been removed.
I'm also missing it on the right cylinder.

Each cylinder is supposed to have one, correct?

·
Super Moderator
2,846 Posts
I'm also missing it on the right cylinder.

Each cylinder is supposed to have one, correct?
Yes, each head has one around the aluminum oil restrictor.
And before you put the heads back on, pull the restrictors out and make sure all 5 holes are clear of any debris.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, each head has one around the aluminum oil restrictor.
And before you put the heads back on, pull the restrictors out and make sure all 5 holes are clear of any debris.
Awesome tip! Any special way to yank those? I didn't realize they were removable.

·
Super Moderator
2,846 Posts
Just use strong tweezers, or the front edge of a pair of pliers. Be gentle, they are aluminum.
Sometimes just using your finger nails will get them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts