Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on painting some bike parts, and eventually one of the entire bikes I have. (when its warmer in the summer)

I've been reading up some, and seen several suggested paint guns to buy, ... and yes,... it is importand to match spray gun to tanks cfm..

Spray gun costs are close to each other, but the tank size and hp can very the compressors cost greatly.

So buying new..., and keeping the cost as little as possible,

What is the smallest horsepower and tank capacity that works fairly well for the seldome painter / occational air compressor?

I have an older napa 1.5hp 12 gal. >>> no idea of cfm at psi >>> good for tires and air nozzel....

Thanks for the advice !

Tim

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the link!,

since i can buy many paint guns variations, looking for the minimum compressor would be my first start...

My compressor, with 1.5 hp, may only be 5 cfm average for the tank size (looking at a similar 1.5hp & 20 gal evercraft as an example)

wondering if someone has experience with, 'say for example':

a 3 hp 20gal that didnt work, but a 2 hp 33 gal did...

.. that kind of basis for similar cfm but variables for hp vs tank volume...

of course any "this is the compressor you need, and by the way there's a crazy sale on them right now!" could help...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I hit harbor freight, the lil electric compressor spray gun, that was on sale this month for $75, I used a friends 20 % coupon and got it for $60... in a couple weeks I'll try and paint a tank ... lets see what happen then.... Thanks for the replys!!

once again. every one here is Awesome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.