Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed over the past few months the on site store sales of motorcycle parts appear to have more and more OUT OF STOCK? I've have noticed some of the sites I have bought parts from are showing more items are out of stock.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Coronavirus would be my guess. Many factories shut down in China that produced hundreds of parts a day.

·
Registered
132 Posts
factories shut/limited yes-and shipping from the manufacturer may be by surface (sea) ...again slowing things further

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I made early orders from China through Aliexpress, Wish and Banngoods. I saw what was coming with Covid-19 before the Gub'ment did. Those things came quickly. But after officials woke up, my orders have taking up to 3 months to get here. Some have yet to arrive. When ordering from Asia, These days, I try to order dropped shipped from the USA.

Japan suspended packages to the US. Not enough air travel flights to carry the mail. I don't know if they are restarted now.. I ordered a hammock from Japan and it got here quickly (two days) through FedEx.

·
Super Moderator
14,012 Posts
FedEx uses their own cargo planes (remember Tom Hanks in Castaway?), not commercial flights so they would be making their own decisions.

Some of the shortages could be because of more people having more time to get around to that project they have been putting off for years. Depending on the parts you mean it could also be related to old stock running out (an ongoing problem with antique vehicles).

·
Super Moderator
14,012 Posts
Whereas the postal system mostly uses extra capacity on commercial flights (I think).

But FWIW, I've had a few things that I ordered from Asia on eBay arrive in a couple of weeks so the whole system hasn't collapsed.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Whereas the postal system mostly uses extra capacity on commercial flights (I think).

But FWIW, I've had a few things that I ordered from Asia on eBay arrive in a couple of weeks so the whole system hasn't collapsed.
Actually the USPS (at least) is currently chartering FedEx planes to fly mail during "off" hours

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
it is better now than a few weeks ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts