Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in Shakopee MN and I am looking to touch up some areas on my CX500T. Mainly the leading edges of the fairing.

Paintcodes are (from other threads)

Pearl Altair White (500T) NH113PA
Moonstone Silver Metallic(500T) NH114MU

Thus far have only come across the following spot to purchase a paintbottle (12.5 oz) of the NH-113 P-A plus a bottle of 2K clearcoat:

Japarts B.V.
Walstraat 21
4501 JH Oostburg
Tel. 0031 (0)117 455 413
Fax 0031 (0)117 455 472
KvK 21018087
BTW NL812711427 B01

https://www.twowheelparts.nl/en/paint/colorpaint/honda/1022893/pearl-altair-white-nh-113-p-a-375ml-paintbottle.html

Cost is $155 minus shipping for both. ($123 paint and $32 clearcoat)

Anybody found other sources they want to recommend??????

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok,
Here is another source that I found. Better on price and more slection on quaantity (touch up, aerosol, 1/2 pint, 1 pint, 2 pint .....)

RS BIKE PAINT

RS Motorbike Paint Online Store

John

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is not the correct color, See paint codes above. Colorite does not appear to carry the proper color paint code for hte 500T.

Honda NH121 Pearl Altair White (WRONG PAINT CODE)

I saw someone do this in another thread and it did not match at all. It is not Pearl Altair White.

I went ahead and purchased from RS Bike Paint. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

They had a very nice detailed thread with instructions for base, color, and clear. all the material safety data sheets, dry times, Tools, tack cloths, etc....

Seemed like they were organized, so I took a chance.

We will see where it leads to. I will post some picks of before and after. Should be more towards November/December timeframe. All in all , the original paint scheme is in pretty decent shape. Like I said, Some of the leading edges of the fairing have chips in it. I am hoping to touch those up in a decent manner.

I am in starting a triple Bypass. THe Bike is pretty much tore apart now so I am looking things over. So far it is going pretty well. A few more bolts and the Engine is out. YEAH.

Pretty impressed with the detail of the service manual.

John.,

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Yeah,

I am also very open to suggestions on exhaust paint. I will be touching up on those areas to while everything is apart. What is everyone using for this task? What about prep work? (sanding or sandblast or what)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts