Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was handed down a 1981 cx500C. Mostly intact, but for some reason the carburetor was missing, like the whole monounit or whatever you call it. I'm trying to revive it and ride it into the wind. I wanted to ask the forum and people who might know a thing or two of finding parts where the best place to find this. The obvious choices are local Craigslist and ebay, but I'm not sure if that's the best option. I live in the SF Bay Area of California. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

On a somewhat related note.. I brought the engine to an experienced mechanic to test the compression to see if restoring is even worth it, and the compression is good, nothing of concern with the engine, according to the mechanic.. apart from the missing carburetor.

Kind Regards
Toku

·
Super Moderator
21,437 Posts
The carbs are only available used and a thread in selling and buying would be your best bet.

They're not exactly uncommon. I have multiple sets in my shed but the postage from here would financially cripple your family for generations to come ......

·
Registered
819 Posts
Reactions: OCR
1 - 8 of 8 Posts