Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1979 CX500 standard, and usually keep mine stashed in my jacket pocket.

Is there a good spot for this on the bike somewhere? Under the seat doesn't seem very secure. My battery takes up ALL the space under the left side cover, and I don't remember there being anyplace under the right-- I think it was all airbox.

I'd also like to be able to stash a leatherman and spare cable, fuses, etc. somewhere... Am I missing something? Or do I just need to go out and buy a tank bag, tool roll, or saddlebags?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,458 Posts
In the toolbox under the seat.

R

·
Registered
49 Posts
on my cx 500D there is a small plastic box under the seat kinda tucked under the tail light, i keep a couple tools, light bulbs, and some straps in there. as for my registration and insurance i keep it in my wallet.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I keep it in my wallet as well. I was going to put it in a ziplock bag under the rear seat, but then if you get pulled over or something you have to take the thing off to get to it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I keep mine in my wallet. None of the other places that some guys use strike me as either secure or handy.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I, also, keep mine in my wallet (here in the south we call it a billfold). One reason is for ease of access, one is for security. If your bike is stiolen, then they have the paperwork they need! I do the same thing with all my vehicles, the police really don't care where it is, as long as you can produce it.

Gene

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use a fanny pack to carry all my papers and my wallet and anything else I need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put copies in a ziplock bag and put them in the sissy bar bag along with my rainjacket. I keep the originals at home but a wallet is always a good choice...right next to your license. Randy

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,458 Posts
If your bike is stolen, then they have the paperwork they need!
We're talking about the registration, not the title. That's in the safe deposit box.

R

P.S. I carry a duplicate insurance card in my wallet, btw.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I got a water proof hard plastic case built for CCs and cash. Holds insurance cards and registration. I keep it in the saddle bags.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
I have a waterproof survival/rape whistle with compass in my bags. The papers are folded up and in there. Probably the only way for me to keep it out of the elements.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have a waterproof survival/rape whistle with compass in my bags. The papers are folded up and in there. Probably the only way for me to keep it out of the elements.
Ziplock back under the padding in my helmet.

·
Registered
239 Posts
In the helmet, huh? Don's right - that is genius! Beats the zip-lock bag in the tool kit!

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
.I just put mine in the place honda made for it right side under the cover there is a place under the signal stat it will hold two plugs and your papers for the bike zip lox bags arew nice if your ride in the rain

·
Registered
174 Posts
On my bike I keep it in that little plastic pocket thing that's right below the tool kit, under the right side cover. It fits perfect, I just fold the registration and put it in a small ziploc bag with my insurance card.

What is that for anyway? Just to put whatever in? Or is something supposed to go in that little pocket thing?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I like the helmet idea, never would have thought of that!  I keep mine in the plastic tool box in the tail.  I'm not too worried about anybody stealing it, as I've got saddlebags hooked up and between trying to remove those and then trying to figure out how to take the seat off I think somebody would just give up.  Here in MA our insurance is on our registration so that cuts back on the number of things I need to keep track of, and my title's nice and safe in a fireproof safe.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts