Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a suggestion but to help members find other members in their area or even country, could there not be a say in my case a UK bikers page where members in UK could catch up. or any other country or state? Dunno how this would work other than somebody kicking it off with UK bikers who are you etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Well there is kind of a section to that here in "Traveling, Friends and Trips".

Not precisely what you are suggesting but seems to show some of the locals in the areas listed.

I do like your concept idea, perhaps it could be added by an administrator.

This idea I believe has been discussed before, I may be wrong could be on another forum I frequent.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable request to me, after all there are enough members from Oz and the UK to warrant their own dedicated subforums. In the mean time while you're finding an administrator, I'm sure the Western Canadians will share their space - there's lots of room in there.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
A forum I'm in on my car has a "divided area" according to the various area clubs, it ended up splitting a lot of good info.

In other words I'm for just getting everyone to display location in their profile and making a small signature line.

Might be OK to list local events, but people got to exchanging info in there the whole community could have benefited from.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Well we use to have the one global map but the company behind it evaporated. I think it was transferable onto a google maps thing but not editable.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Yep

I added my marker and found I could edit others locations/info as well if I wished

Plenty of scope for mischeif there methinks

Also I couldnt see a way remove a misplaced pin, so I moved it off the map as a workaround

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Yeah I was suffering from the same misplaced marker syndrome. There has to be a better way.

Anyone know of a better way. Or want to convince charles that this is a feature we need?

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Well google maps is a pain in the ass but I figured it out.

Click Edit Just across from collaborate.

Then click the balloon on the left corner of the map that says add a placemark. Move it to where you want to. Add info and then save.

To delete a bad placemark just click the balloon and click delete at the bottom left of the type bubble.

More info here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftFnot5uXw

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I think I just screwed the whole thing up.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I think I just screwed the whole thing up.

I think I moved Reg,,

I drug his bike into the Atlantic and then moved it back,,but it is probably not back exactly where it was.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just put my marker down.

I see some people live in the middle of the ocean lol

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Bound to be a better way, I'm checking with my provider as to making up an online database.

Bingo, as I thought I've got the capability to set up a nice database online that would allow anyone to list as well as search by country, city etc. Guess I'll see what I can do with that. Can't beat 24x7 support, I don't know how these people can do it but getting a toll free call answered with a person that speaks good English is unheard of these days.

May take me some tine though, one thing I've learned though the years is that writing a database program isn't easy so I won't release it until I'm satisfied with it.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
OK, I've got it set up the way I like it but can't quite make an easy link to it. Tweak with it later.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I prefer the database method:

Name

City

State/Province

Country

phone

etc but it's all optional entries.

Far easier to search through.

I'm a long ways away from getting it set up but I need to add a field for "if you're broken down" type thing.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,106 Posts
I prefer the database method:

Name

City

State/Province

Country

phone

etc but it's all optional entries.

Far easier to search through.

I'm a long ways away from getting it set up but I need to add a field for "if you're broken down" type thing.
It might be worth gleaning the info from the old Travelers' Assistance thread that I never re-established.

R

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
It might be worth gleaning the info from the old Travelers' Assistance thread that I never re-established.

R
i think you should update it to us here randall that way we know

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.