Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know a few you have successfully installed performance discs onto the Comstar wheels. As I understand it, spacers are needed, and typically they are custom made. Sooooooooo,,,,,

1) Is there a place/site I could go to purchase said spacers?

2) Does anyone here do this type of thing?

3) Any suggestions? I haven't a clue right now!

Thanks in advance,

Scrapmetal

·
Super Moderator
15,410 Posts
For grins get some washers from the hardware store and see how many it takes to put it into the position you need. That thickness can be used later.

·
Registered
851 Posts
What do you want to do with braking system? Do you want dual rotors or just better braking? I've said this here before, if I wanted better braking using mostly stock parts I'd keep the master cylinder, use a high quality Stainless Steel line, use a single GL650 caliper (correct me if I'm wrong on that it's the one Larry uses) ,EBC HH pads, and a cross drilled rotor. Another thing that's virtually never mentioned is the brake lever itself. The modern style give better leverage and feel, however that would require a separate M/C and lever/perch to utilize a modern (sportbike) lever. All these items can be had without breaking the bank. You also can do one item at a time and spread the ebay or salvage yard cost over time. If you want a high tech solution change the entire front end and get better forks as well. Two cents.

Cheers, 50gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts