Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,710 Posts
Are you sure the sound is coming from the bearing? I've heard similar sounds from the rear wheel rubbing on dirt stuck to a final drive's shield.....

BTW: I bought lots of 10 of the sizes of bearings my wheels take from en eBay bearing store that was selling them for electric motors or roller skates or something like that and the only time I've had problems with them was when water got past a seal and one rusted to the axle (not the bearing's fault).

·
Super Moderator
18,710 Posts
I've almost done that. When you put the pads onto the pins if you don't push them all the way out against the pistons and the other side of the caliper it is possible to get the disc between the back of the pad and the other side of the caliper. But it isn't easy to push the caliper down over the disc (that's how I caught myself doing it). It would also easy to see that you had done that....

·
Super Moderator
18,710 Posts
Don't forget that most of the liquid in WD40 is a solvent that will evaporate. It may loosen up the old grease for a while but the effect will be temporary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts