Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have owned My Silver 1982 GL500 since new, currently has 53K miles - engine has never been cracked open.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Mountain range

Mrs. SLiM's 1979 CX500 custom purchased as a $200 non-running pile of junk.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories
Unknown number of hours, replacement parts and dollars later. She love's it :loveeyes:
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

"The Thing" - 1980 CX500 Custom purchased as a $100 non-running rusty wreck, almost nothing but the titled frame was salvaged. It's called "The Thing" a FrankenBike because it's assembled from parts from 3 other non running bikes.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Fuel tank

1983 GL650I, it Looked real nice on the outside :mad:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle

As it is now. Kinda looks the same except that it's running :drinks_smilie: , still needs some cosmetic work.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Trust me, I envy and miss the three I've had. And now with none, even more so. Nice herd my friend.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
They look good, but be real careful! When there is more than one they seem to reproduce until they fill the garage!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
David is right. I'm the perfect example. My stable has

Hondas complete and running - 1970 S90Z, 1985 XR100R, 1972 CB100, 1973 CB125, 1973 CB175, 1978 CB400A, 1980 CX500, 2014 CB500X, 1983 GL650i, 1983 CX650 Bobber
Complete non-running - Honda CX500, Harley X90, Kawasaki KE175, Suzuki DS80
And at least 3 CX frames and disassembled motors

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just playing around with some artistic photo editing.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Spoke
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Great ! " The more, the merrier. "

·
Registered
443 Posts
So hard to concentrate on doing the home office job when you have these two beauties in the garage.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
I must be a nut for navy blue. They are not exactly the same. The 1976 Goldwing is a recent purchase and it came that way. The CX I had painted in a well documented build about 3 years ago. Collectively, the are known in this house as "the ladies".

John

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E
1,889 Posts
Some one left the Corral gate open this spring and only one faithful horse stayed. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport hey Slim hows the 650 interstate coming along?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts