Honda CX 500 Forum banner

What would you do?

• Nothing. Even if he took my word for the price, he made a mistake in my favor.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call and explain the situation, possibly clearing my name, conscience and offer to pay the differenc

• Get me something cheep too!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around at options of where to buy my needed parts from, I called my local dealer. Told him his prices were much higher than I had found online. Which was true. Actually their prices were higher than I had seen anywhere. Told him the prices I had found online, and he said he could do that. Orderd 2 days ago, and just picked them up. NOW... on the invoice, something didn't look right. I'm not sure who is at fault, but one of my items was VERY inexpensive. The sticker said $74.04 and I paid $26.37. What would you do?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
B)pay and be paid,thats my stance.

i often question bills,some in my favour,some in the suppliers.

but,hey,i sleep well

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Just pay the bill and sleep well at night. You aren't doing anything wrong, don't worry about it.
kingston,what i meant was....i want it correct,not 5 over,not 5 under.

here you dont pay for food,drinks snacks as you have them,if you are a regular,you tell the boss what you have had,he then,when you leave,tots it up.tells you what you owe.it might be 2 hours after you arrived
.....might be longer

only one word......trust

thats why i sleep well

·
Registered
329 Posts
My local MC shop undercharged me the other day by about $15.00. I called him on it at the register and he corrected it and said thanks. I didn't do it because I wanted something out of the deal, just did it because it was the right thing to do.

It's possible you paid the correct amount but it just takes a couple of minutes out of your day to call and check.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure if I told him the wrong price, or if he put it in the computer wrong. I told him numbers and he said he could do that. Period?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check your online source and see what the price online was?
I had to have told him right. Just looked at the bike bandit site. I orderd a cam chain and tensioner. The chain is number 3 and tensioner is 4. $64.38 is what I told him, $26.37 was the price I paid. $74.04 is their normal price.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
The end result will be in the pudding when you get the part. If it is what you asked for, leave it as it is. I do the same thing that Wootersen does when warranted, but in this case, since these parts are so hard to come by sometimes, take it and be happy. They may find the mistake later, but can't come back on you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you didn't already know the right thing to do, you wouldn't have asked this question. Just do what you know is right.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I am a firm believer that we reap what we sow. It doesn't matter who made the mistake, personally I would bring it to his attention and go from there. No matter if he wants you pay the difference or not, you will have a clear conscience. Plus you will probably earn his respect and build a relationship. You may want to deal with him again in the future and what you do about this situation can lay the foundation for those future dealings.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am a firm believer that we reap what we sow. It doesn't matter who made the mistake, personally I would bring it to his attention and go from there. No matter if he wants you pay the difference or not, you will have a clear conscience. Plus you will probably earn his respect and build a relationship. You may want to deal with him again in the future and what you do about this situation can lay the foundation for those future dealings.
I think Stubby speaks words of wisdom. I want to play on his team!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

i agree also with stubby

·
Registered
396 Posts
My guess is this guy's no millionaire, and depends on the income. It's not easy for a company to take a loss (even a small one like this) - even though it may be their fault.

You were already prepared to spend the money, and he was prepared to receive it. Who knows? He might say "mea culpa" and eat the difference to keep you as a customer.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I agree with Stubby. Treat as you want to be treated. We all know what is the right thing to do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.