So, a while back an acquaintance gave me a parts bike, which had been stored in the weather with no spark plugs in the cylinder heads. You can guess the result - frozen tight. I already have another spare engine for parts, and the one in my CX500 runs fine, so I really didn't need anything off of that stuck engine. Now, I'm not sure where I saw it first, but have any of you seen the Airhead Boxer engine which was turned into a beer engine? Brilliant concept and build - you can find it on YouTube. Naturally, since I have often considered the CX500 to be a "poor man's Beemer", I decided that would be the ultimate use for the frozen engine. Which lead to this:
I didn't bother documenting the build, as I was more or less tinkering with it over the last three months. Basically, I gutted the cases of all the unnecessary dead weight and bent some PVC pipe to carry the beer lines through the body up to the heads, which I had to hog out to make space for the shank and tubing. Aside from that, I designed all the port plugs, mounts, and drip tray parts in FreeCad and 3d printed them from PLA filament. I turned the handles out of applewood which came from the tree in my backyard.
All in all, I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.