Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am brand-spanking-new to this forum, and to owning a motorcycle. This past weekend I won a rebuilt 1981 CX500C in a raffle. I spent $10 on a raffle ticket! Anyways, the title says its a 1981 CX500C, but that is all I know. I know that it was rebuilt and painted. It has lots of new parts, like headers, rotors, tires and shocks. Here's the thing, I want to find the owner's manual on this thing, as I am pretty sure it has a dual carburetor which is out of sync, but I have no idea how to locate one; I have searched for hours on The Internet.

I am attaching a picture taken in the bar I won it in. It's a bit dark, and a cut off the front end. The second picture is much clearer. Thanks, in advance.

Can anyone tell me what model they think this is? I believe it is a Cafe Racer.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive lighting Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Congrats on the win,,wish I was as lucky.:)

As CXPHREAK said, it is hard to tell with a bike that is modifed. It is an 81 or later judging by the leading axle. If it is a Custom, the tank has been replaced with one from a Deluxe or Standard.

Here is a stock 81 Custom;

·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,052 Posts
Look for a metal label on the left side of the steering head tube. If what you were told is correct, it should say, "CX500 Custom" and "1981 Model."

I don't know if the owners manual is linked in the forum wiki, but you will find the Factory Service Manual there. It includes instructions for syncing the carbs. Also, with the pod filters and modified exhaust, you may need to rejet the carbs if it hasn't been done.

R

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Lucky you! Decent looking Cafe'. I have a link to the WIKI below, where you can find the Factory Service Manual. Welcome aboard.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
905 Posts
The only thing I won was a microwave oven :(. Please inform, what kind of raffle people offer a CX500 bobber as a prize?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts