Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1980 CX500C
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some bike symptoms and was told to start with a stator test. After a lot of confusion I've found that this isn't stock.
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Computer hardware Electrical wiring

Is this a rae San Hall effect kit? What the point of this? As I understand it, it's another system that bypasses the stator. Is that right? Does this mean I don't have to do a stator test? Thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
23,975 Posts
It's a V3 Raesan. As it's 12 volt powered you won't need to do the stator test - but whether it is hall effect or using the stock pulsers is another question. If nothing is going to the 8 pin plug it will be hall.

·
Registered
1980 CX500C
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have some bike symptoms and was told to start with a stator test. After a lot of confusion I've found that this isn't stock. View attachment 213548

Is this a rae San Hall effect kit? What the point of this? As I understand it, it's another system that bypasses the stator. Is that right? Does this mean I don't have to do a stator test? Thanks everyone
It's a V3 Raesan. As it's 12 volt powered you won't need to do the stator test - but whether it is hall effect or using the stock pulsers is another question. If nothing is going to the 8 pin plug it will be hall.
is the plug in my hand in the pic the 8 pin plug?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts