Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(400,Multiple,Frankenstein,etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to what the members here are riding.

Multiple answers obviously allowed.

Was there an 85?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
trickster,you can only vote once,but no probs.

gl ,82 daily ride.

gl ,81 still in the shop being rebuilt

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Tried to vote once for each bike. Worked fine. NOT!

Sture

·
Registered
106 Posts
GL650I. Daily driver, 50 plus a day and still runs like a raped ape.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was able to tick of 79, 82, and Turbo... but a) you forgot 82 or 83 Turbo, and
I couldn't tick off Turbo twice. mmmmm and c) where is my '79 Deluxe supposed to go? Guess we have to start again, with all the variations etc. interstates, Standard, Customs, Deluxe, 650's 500's, Modified Heinze 57,... (mix of a number of CX's) etc, etc, Chopped, Cafe'd..... etc.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I was able to tick of 79, 82, and Turbo... but a) you forgot 82 or 83 Turbo, and
I couldn't tick off Turbo twice. mmmmm and c) where is my '79 Deluxe supposed to go? Guess we have to start again, with all the variations etc. interstates, Standard, Customs, Deluxe, 650's 500's, Modified Heinze 57,... (mix of a number of CX's) etc, etc, Chopped, Cafe'd..... etc.
I posted a poll on the old forum, it offered 3 choices CX, GL or at least one of each.

The last time I looked at it, the most people had voted GL.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Curious as to what the members here are riding.

Multiple answers obviously allowed.

Was there an 85?

Yes but no. In some countries they had extra parts and titled them to build year.

This manual kind of shows in the title.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As Stitch said. eBay Germany often lists -83 and later CX/GL 500:s, although they were never fabricated after 1982. UK too, as also in my country. One of mine is titled as an -82, but has an -81 frame number (like the three others).

B.t.w. The Haynes´ cover picture is a GL 500 D(eluxe). As an I(nterstate), but without saddlebags and trunk as standard. These were optional. European model - maybe for other markets too, I don´t know. We never got the GL 500 standard (naked) and the Interstate.

Sture

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yes but there are the variants and I doubt there was room in the poll for Regular, Deluxe, Custom or Euro.

I often wish my Custom had more conventional bars on it but that would defeat the purpose of a restoration and I got used to them over time - on top of that this mostly Harley based community tends to hate Japanese bikes but something that looks more like a classic Sportster draws a bit more attention and respect.

I can't wait to get back on the road again, first place I'm going is to the Honda dealer and dragging everyone out of the sales floor and shop to look at it. The Harley dealers are easy, they come out on their own to look. The Triumph and other dealers may be of a different mind but you can't help but have a certain respect for bikes this old that took but a minimal amount of maintenance to get back to stock.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Tried to vote once for each bike. Worked fine. NOT!

Sture

The trick is to tick as many boxes as apply, but vote only once. If you open a new topic and manage the poll, there are several options, but only certain ways to make it work. Took me a long while to get it right on the other IPB board I'm a member of.

·
Registered
503 Posts
OK. So I have a CX. Up until a year ago, I didn't even know what it was. To me it looked like a diesel with the plugs in the top of the cylinder. My question is, what is the difference between them? They both have the same motor, correct? Is only the CL called the Silver Wing?

·
Registered
163 Posts
well this thread asks ""what do you own" but then only lets you choose cx or gl. many of us own more then that.

Ravyn

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got an error message that says I don't have permission to vote. Is this because I'm still new or maybe because I'm using my iPhone?

I'll try it from home with my regular system later, I guess.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Never ridden a Ducati, but have the desire to test one, maybe this year. Now that Honda of yours is a very sweet looking

ride, absolutely love the look. Gold touches are very nice and the inverted fork looks very natural, give any details on

the build components?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Never ridden a Ducati, but have the desire to test one, maybe this year. Now that Honda of yours is a very sweet looking

ride, absolutely love the look. Gold touches are very nice and the inverted fork looks very natural, give any details on

the build components?

the ducati is ultimate bike in handling and very t-easy as mine opinion and i supose its because of the frame-net they've made,as for the cx I give you this

http://cx500forum.com/index.php?/topic/2028-new-front-forks/

http://cx500forum.com/index.php?/topic/2223-foot-rests/

http://cx500forum.com/index.php?/topic/2327-my-almost-done-cx-streetfigher/

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well looks like CX'ers and 500's and 1982 are the popular choice here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.