Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My turn signals stopped working awhile ago. Today, I was screwing around with the relay in the side panel and connected the wires incorrectly. The relay clicked over really fast then I turned off the ignition. Now I have no power at all. Nothing, not even the indicator lights. I looked at the fuses in the handlebar box and they all look good. Could I have killed my battery? If not, then what else could be the issue?

1981 Honda CX500C

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Murrayf, you had me excited for a minute but unfortunately the main fuse is in good condition. I had the battery checked out and it's fine too. Whatever I did, I did it well, because there is absolutely no power anywhere in the system :-(

·
Registered
255 Posts
with a 12vdc tester ( 12vdc test light works great )..trace your power source from your battery. to the main fuse..both in..and out. then test for power to the fuses at the fuse box on the bars if they are there ?..I don't know where the cx500c's fuses are ?..if they are the same as the cx650c's ?..then they will be on the bars. check your ground connections from the battery. if your battery is good ?..then you should be getting power through the main fuse on the side of the bike near your starter relay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, second look at the main fuse revealed that it was in fact the issue. The fuse housing had a extra fuse mounted to its outside which I mistakenly thought was active. The actual live fuse was blown. I broke the extra trying to remove it so I bypassed the fuse housing until I can find a replacement. Any ideas where I can find one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts