Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in self quarantine since last Thursday. I decided working at The Home Depot was a good place to get exposed to all kinds of nasty viruses.

I've cleaned the GL down to the frame and I'm waiting on a new oil filter and oil to show up. It's been raining every day so I've not been able to work in the yard, so, what did I do with the extra time?

Broke out the Dremal and after eight hours in the shop this is the result:

one valve cover done.

Bob C.

Valve covers 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Doing things in the garden now it's dry enough to, things that should have been done in the Autumn, but haven't been able to due to nearly 5 months of almost continuous rain. Once those jobs are done (but I probably won't be able to get seeds or new plants to put in, or compost etc) then I can tinker with the bikes, but not ride them... 😕

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I am spending today puttering on 2 of my 3 bikes(not the CX). Also applied for unemployment insurance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Food and beverage manufacturing is considered essential so I'm still doing my usual work, eat, sleep routine.
If I was stuck at home I guess I would consider working on stuff I've been putting off for 8 months

·
Registered
58 Posts
My bank IT job is also considered essential. I do get to work from home now though. Before I ditched the office last week I setup many users for VPN access and handed out temporary work from home computers.

On a more pleasurable note, I'm trying to purchase a '99 BMW F650. The current isolation makes things more difficult.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most of the UK has some uncharacteristically fine weather so gardens are being worked on and the poor old dogs are now being walked throughout the day!

CX had its place in the garage changed to allow better access to the garden, battery was charged on the CX and my son's ZX6R.
T-Cut some scratches on the car.

Tomorrow, more garden work, walk the dog, wax the car, sit on the CX making quiet 'broom broom' noises...
It will be something similar the following day too!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Pulled fairing to fix steering lock ,stop on frame worn on left side. Couple of seconds with airhammer and problem solved.
Today , reorganizing work shop (maybe).

·
Registered
401 Posts
On a more pleasurable note, I'm trying to purchase a '99 BMW F650. The current isolation makes things more difficult
What about that model has got your interest?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm thinking something AIR cooled! The biggest thing that has my progress stalled now is the camshaft, the part that turns the water pump impeller is broken off. That and radiators, switching to electric fan... all avoided with air cooling. (may not be a popular comment on this board :whistle:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
What about that model has got your interest?

Spur of the moment. I have a friend who picked up a Yamaha WR250R recently and would like to get into trail riding. Load up the toyhauler and go off grid camping for a weekend here and there. I fiddle with computers and crap all day everyday, I enjoy unplugging.

That and it's only $1500 and has a bunch of spare parts.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Right now i get one week on, one week off..... :)
So chores around the house = Happy wife happy life ;)
Then organizing the garage and refurbishing a very neglected/abused 1984 Honda CX650E :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Today I pulled the frankenbike out of the garage, de-winterized her, and fired her up for the first time. Last year she needed a full carburetor tear-down and cleaning, so it was great to hear her start on the first attempt this year. Then I did a quick once-over to take care of any rust that set it during storage. Tomorrow will be general spring maintenance like changing the oil, topping off the tires, adjusting the brakes, etc.

Our Stay At Home order does make recommendations to spend time outside, specifically walking, hiking, running, and biking. I'm thinking that that applies to us.

·
Super Moderator
15,315 Posts
At the moment i'm just reloading ammo like I do every spring. Once the ranges get opened again I'll take my deer rifle back out and see how all the work I did on it does. I usually don't play with the motorcycle much till April and since I keep it in good shape all I have to do is change the oil. And there's no ice so no ice fishing.

Besides that just shuffling boxes at UPS so order everything you need and keep safe.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Slowly piecing together my long ter project GL Rest-Mod.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 68 Posts