Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
GL650
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being sick of unemployment and the local doldrums, and having good friends in Northern Cal, I decided it's time to test my and the Silverwing's mettle, and take a little ol' 2400 mile ride. I hate going freeway, so I'm going to avoid the interstates...hoping not to break down at all, but really hoping not to break down in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, here's the planned trip: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...487995,-100.272217&spn=7.453315,16.907959&z=7

Some of the stops are approximate. Have friends in Golden, CO. Has anybody ridden Rte 50 across Nevada?

Planning to change oil/filter before I go...otherwise I was thinkin', maybe I should buy a spare stator and/or mech seal? I don't know if the PO ever did the triple bypass, and the bike has almost 33k on it. Runs great, no serious leaks (a tiny bit of oil seepage here and there). Other suggestions?

·
Registered
860 Posts
That sounds like a great adventure Ben.

As well as the oil change, a full tuneup would be order too. For on the road , good tires,some cash, a cell phone , AAA, and some backup finances (just in case) would be a good idea.

Good luck!

·
Registered
GL650
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a great adventure Ben.

As well as the oil change, a full tuneup would be order too. For on the road , good tires,some cash, a cell phone , AAA, and some backup finances (just in case) would be a good idea.

Good luck!
Carbs seem fine, no issues. Plugs replaced recently. Coolant good, everything lubed. Tires have about 3k miles on them. Cell phone- check, backup finances - check. AAA...good idea.

·
Registered
369 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.