Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on here said that a V65 makes a great addition to any garage...

So $500+ title work later....

Video! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJm0oBodlII[/media]

Problems? Well, so far the electrical all works except for the fuel pump relay (bench tested fuel pump, it's good!)

Oh yeah, the carbs!

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUt7PDM20fw

Should be fun!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
well congrats but just a heads up the links are not working saying its unavailable but looks like a nice bike

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
i am not seeing any thing but the same as before

·
Registered
120 Posts
Used to have a v45 sabre myself...nice bike but just not street-workable enough for me.

Make sure you get on the SabMag mailing list, the guys on there really know their stuff.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i am not seeing any thing but the same as before

Ditto. I got the same "unavailable" message initially but his later post didn't seem to have any links in it. The picture looks good though.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Great find, looks pretty nice. It is clear that you have way more patience than me! I'm still stuck on my first CX!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Very Nice Magna! I have a lot of miles on V45 and V65 Sabres, when they run right they are fantastic! (especially the V65s!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Oh man, I want one of those so bad, I think I will stick with the GL for a while though, I can see myself getting into a lot of trouble with one of those.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Beautiful !

·
Registered
839 Posts
Second gear is there week spot. The rest of it I like.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh... a month later I've got the engine out. Should be FINALLY painting the CX in the next couple weeks, too! Just been buried in work, yanno?

·
Administrator
2021 Benelli Leoncino - 2017 CSC RX3 - 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i - 1979 CX650 Street Scrambler
1,669 Posts
See if these vids work - if not, to YouTube they'll go!

Forget about the sabmag list, use the forum. Www.v4hondabbs.com

you will want to look for an oil mod for the bike. Theyhave inadequate oiling to the heads.which causes premature cam wear. $200 wort of oil nod will keep your cams perfect forever. Also, don't hammer second gear, the horsepower will eventually round the dogs and it will pop out of gear. Its hard to resist the temptation though, because if you hot ir right yor front wheel willeasily go skyward on the second gearshift. Oonemore thing. For some added acelleration bolt on the final drive from a cb700sc nighthawk. Lower gearing will give you even mlre punch off the Line!

Charles.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
when I first started looking for bike I really liked sabres and magnas. Looked at a few and then a cx just happened to be for sale for cheap, when I wasn't even looking.

Good looking bike. Look forward to the progress.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Found out that a friend of mine has a v65 he rides very occasionally. Trying to get him to wheel it out of the garage and we can go for a ride together! Would like to test ride it to see if I like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts