Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am from Sweden and I am thinking of buying a crashed 500 Turbo.

I have more bikes in the garage but I am new to the CX-world.

What is most important to look for? Most expensive to repair? Most difficult part to find as spare part?

Also little nervous about the bike being very complicated. I read somewhere that the 650 is less complicated designed(I think the topic was the injection system), why so? Was the 500 found to be too complicated?

I would really appreciate some advice.

The bike: I haven't seen it yet but apparently the plastic parts are broken. front fork is broken, wheels are straight( although back wheel bolt in bad shape the seller claims), frame straight, instrument cluster broken, Engine running after crash. Is rear wheel replaceable with another cx wheel?

At this moment the lack of fairing + replacing everything broken with 100 % original parts is not a big issue to me. More important is getting the bike running. I might use different fork, instrument etc.

Greetings from a snowy mid part of Sweden

// Roger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

The more I read the more hesitant I become.

The few spare parts available are really expensive, especially when it comes to fuel injection & turbo system.

Greetings from Roger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that the turbo was simply a CX on steroids but I have realised the difference is much bigger.

The way I intend to use the bike probably makes it unsuitable for me.

I am prepared to rebuild some mechanical stuff like forks from other bike to fit but it's the injection and turbo that make me hesitate.

I probably will not buy.

thanks for the good advice.

// Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.