Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you liked the email notifications from the old site that told you when someone replied to a thread that you replied to or created and want those notifications in the new site to automatically happen, then try this:

1. Click on the Down Arrow up by your name in the top right.
  2. Select "My Settings".
  3. From the menu on the left click on "Notification Options".
  4. Check the box that says "Watch every topic I reply to" and select the "Immediate Notification" Option.
  5. Review other Notification Options if you like, then click "Save Changes".

That setting will "Watch" every thread for you automatically and notify you of those changes.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh... and I like the "Stop Watching" button too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! This really Great photographer took it!!!

Love that pic.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Btw... Photographer = Blindstitch.

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,259 Posts
Back to the OT, is there a way to show the topics you're watching, or is this just a function of the email notification? It would be nice to be able to follow a thread without needing to add an entry.

Thanks,

R

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Back to the OT, is there a way to show the topics you're watching, or is this just a function of the email notification? It would be nice to be able to follow a thread without needing to add an entry.

Thanks,

R

There is a button at the top of this thread that says "Watch This Topic", is that what you mean?

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts

Thanks,

R

Randall, in the notification options, there is one selection that sends a plain text of the reply along with the notify email, I use this just for that purpose. And it also includes a link back to the posting, so you have the choice to go right in and make a new entry if you like.

Joel in the Couve

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
There is a button at the top of this thread that says "Watch This Topic", is that what you mean?
That takes you to the screen to set up notifications. I was hoping for a filter, similar to "My Content" that would show flagged threads. It doesn't look like the software supports this.

R

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
That takes you to the screen to set up notifications. I was hoping for a filter, similar to "My Content" that would show flagged threads. It doesn't look like the software supports this.

R

On the main forum page there is a section on the right hand side that has the topics and forums you are watching.

edit; Make sure that you are shown in the top right as signed in, sometimes with me, it does not always show me as signed in on the main page even though I am.

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
But I can't get that without enabling email notifications, which I don't want. Maybe the weekly summary won't be too annoying.

R

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The first choice is "no notification" ,if you check it, it should work.

"No Notification This option will not send out any notifications, but will retain the topic in your subscriptions panel."

You have to click on the "topics" tab then "toggle" in the subscription panel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.