Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Wastegate Valve lubricating

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rxpx40 
#1 ·
Hi Advice needed please.
I have a sticky wastegate valve. I now have a bottle of mouse milk and need to know where to put it, to solve this problem. Can anybody help?.

Thanks
Regards PGL

#2 ·
The rotating valve assembly has a shaft that is a challenge to get lubrication into. When I had my turbo, mouse milk was recommended, and Milk of Magnesium was also recommended. I used the latter. If you can find a syringe that oral surgeons hand out to their patients after extracting wisdom teeth (not really that specific) they work wonders, because the syringe holds about 50ml and has a curved outlet (needle?) that is useful in squirting the liquid up the shaft into the valve assembly. Best thing to do is follow the arm from the vacuum actuator (left side of engine in the front) to the right side, it goes under the cover you must remove. An open end wrench will help actuate the valve as you work the liquid into the shaft/bearing area. I hope this makes sense and helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.