Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have been lurking for a month or so getting lots of ideas for my project. I am just starting out but took off the old gauges and was wanting to fab in new smaller ones. I was wanting to know if anyone has done this and if there is any that will be easier than others to retrofit. I have a 1981 Cx500 deluxe. My plan is to build a cafe-ish bike. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks, David

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts
Tons of options depending on your budget.

I like the acewell single gauge that has all the crap in it but others like the trail tech vapor or even saying the hell with it and getting digital bicycle speedometers. They also sell manual mini gauges like the stock ones but only 2 1/2 inches round. It all depends on style and budget. If you're going to do it right you're going to want to hook up all the wiring for the idiot lights for a clean finish.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Tons of options depending on your budget.

I like the acewell single gauge that has all the crap in it but others like the trail tech vapor or even saying the hell with it and getting digital bicycle speedometers. They also sell manual mini gauges like the stock ones but only 2 1/2 inches round. It all depends on style and budget. If you're going to do it right you're going to want to hook up all the wiring for the idiot lights for a clean finish.

Looking at the Acewell site & products. Do you buy from Acewell

in the UK or do they have distributors in the US?

Thanks,

·
Registered
170 Posts
[attachment=473:Bitsa3.jpg]I had an Acewell on my Blade, it was great. what I really liked about it was the ability to match it to the tyre diameter exactly so it was always super accurate

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
[quote name='jasonh' date='02 November 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1288731337' post='25541']

I forgot about the Koso gauges. They look more like modern stock sportbike gauges I think. I was considering them too, but still like the look of the Acewell because they're more retro.

Btw, posting pictures like that doesn't work.

I like this one: http://www.kosonorth...cs/ba015b15.jpg

[/quo

ok because im byilding a streetfighter bike thats why i choose that but if your going for retro that is very nice and good looking gauges,sorry about the fotoi missed that detail

·
Registered
422 Posts
ok because im byilding a streetfighter bike thats why i choose that but if your going for retro that is very nice and good looking gauges,sorry about the fotoi missed that detail

Yeah, they would go well for a streetfighter. I keep wavering on whether I want to go more cafe or more fighter, personally. If I go full on fighter, the Koso will get my vote most likely.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, they would go well for a streetfighter. I keep wavering on whether I want to go more cafe or more fighter, personally. If I go full on fighter, the Koso will get my vote most likely.

its less complicated to make a cafe and faster to complete your project than the streetfighter style, mine it took 8 months and still going i hope its ready at the next 4-5 months,so will see whatever be patient

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered