Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preferably in Australia?!
Mine has a crack and I guess that means it's useless! Found a few on ebay from America but they are like $50 postage.
Let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Preferably in Australia?!
Mine has a crack and I guess that means it's useless! Found a few on ebay from America but they are like $50 postage.
Let me know! Thanks
Have you posted a WTB for one on the Oz CX500 Register?

That's where to start.......if that fails, PM me here or on the Oz Register.....I've got one thats a bit yellowed but sound.

VC3

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
There are two different overflow bottles.
The engines with the CDI have a thicker one, the NEC-TI engines more a flattened one.

I would glue teh crack with a good two component glue. There is no pressure on this bottle.

Gruesse
WolFgang

CXPHREAK:
How do You repair them ?
Plastic welding ?

·
Super Moderator
23,405 Posts
Wolfgang, I clean the bottle thoroughly, then use a rotary burr to remove material along the crack to about 2/3 the thickness of the material. Drill a .5 mm hole in the ends of the cracks. Fill the groove with your 2 part epoxy of choice.;)

Here's one prepped for filling. This one I did a few weeks ago. The one on my bike was done with the same method 4 years ago and still no leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I may have the right spare, CX500 CX500EC and GL650.
I could send one from the uk for just postage.
If you still need one let me know what version and i will check if I have the right type.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thank you all very much! I'll have a crack at glueing it first and see how it goes! And I'll join the Aus forum too.
Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts