Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello CX fans,

Looking for anyone that is willing to part with their ignition coil bracket out of the parts bin. I believe the one I am looking for is off an 82' I included a picture with this post. Happy and willing to pay for shipping and a couple extra bucks to get you to and from the post office. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for looking

Best,

2425_WIRE HARNESS @ IGNITION COIL.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or this one one..... Really just need the transverse mounting solution. Thanks again!

2425_WIRE HARNESS @ IGNITION COIL.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh ... I really thought I would get a hit faster then this. Does anyone know if these are in high demand? Worse case I will just make one from scratch.

Let me know what you guys know. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I may have one, but need to sift through a couple of bins and that won't be until tonight

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do plan to reuse the stock coils. I picked up a new gas tank (must be from a later year custom... no holes!) but it requires the transverse mounting orientation to fit the tank. My current 80 has the parallel coils and they are too wide.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes the later year tank has a higher capacity about 3/4 liter but you will also need a 18mm petcock your present one wont fit the tank
Hadn't thought to check out the petcock yet. Thanks Murray!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murray / Kameron

Either of you guys get a chance to check the parts bin? Murray, I know you said you had one off an 81. Could you guys PM me a pic if you do?

Thanks a million,
Scotty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts