Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Vetter Vindicator to headlight transition

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  granlund1 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I'm in the process of getting ready to take the Vetter Vindicator fairing off of my 1980 CX500D, but am looking to obviously install a new headlight/bucket/brackets. Are there any recommendations out there for a replacement, and, are there any issues that I should be aware of when doing this?
Thanks everyone,
-A

#2 ·
you can search for a headlight bucket, the ears, and turn signals in the for sale section or ebay. just post what you are after and someone may have all of it. just check your fairing wiring where it plugs into the main bike harness. sometimes they botch it up when installing a fairing.

#4 ·
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm a bit timid about the electrical, because of all of the fog surrounding bike electrics. I've given it a look and just hoping for something that is an altogether package instead of the piecemeal I see on there.

Or, if you want to spruce it up some, just go to the site of a forum sponsor' "Speedmoto" and buy what you need.
Saw a lot of great options on there. Thinking of going LED now because of the brighter light...

#3 ·
Or, if you want to spruce it up some, just go to the site of a forum sponsor' "Speedmoto" and buy what you need.

#5 ·
"Thanks for the recommendation. I'm a bit timid about the electrical, because of all of the fog surrounding bike electrics. I've given it a look and just hoping for something that is an altogether package instead of the piecemeal I see on there."

My apologizes. I meant finding factory parts to replace the fairing. One bike I parted out had a fairing on it and mice would have done the harness better than whoever installed the fairing.

#8 ·
I have Vindicator mounted on my '79 Deluxe. All the "extra wiring" is stuffed in a leather (or leather-like) pouch that is located between the fairing and where the headlight would be if it was a "naked" bike.
I think I'd rather have the box - seems like it would be better/easier to deal with the wires than the pouch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.