Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been racking my brain here trying to get my spools attached to my bike (lower shock mount) to use my rear stand. First problem is the lack of M10 1.25 pitch bolts, however I was able to find one that is 70mm that will work for the left side.

The real problem comes with the right side lower shock mount. Its not a bolt, its a stud, and its 1.25 pitch m10 also. I CANNOT find a coupler nut in this size. Has anyone used a rear stand on a GL or CX? How did you deal with mounting the spools?

Thx

tl;dr: I've looked all over. Cannot find any M10 1.25 coupling nuts.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thanks, Don. I had envisioned "fabbing" something to that effect, however, this looks easier (and faster too.....lol), depending on the price.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Could you use an adapter on the stand, sort of like an "L", and then pry up on the swing arm?

I was just browsing HarborFreight and noticed they had 2 cycle spool sizes, so your idea had crossed my mind, but I haven't ever really looked at my swingarm. Maybe the L idea would work without drilling? Maybe a nice temp solution? Maybe just horse pooey!

I'll need to actually look at that thing tomorrow. I can't for the life of me even picture the damn rear end right now!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I used a friends rear stand with the "L" under the swing arm and don't recommend it. The drive shaft makes the swing arm asymmetrical, and it's quite unstable.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is the spool threaded or something?

No, it has a hollow 10mm hole that a 10mm bolt goes through, and then would attach to the bike. I figure the best place to mount would be rear shock bolts for even weight distribution. I'll try to get some pics of the actual spools and my bike later tonight after work.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.