Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Honda GL650i Silver Wing Interstate
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been on the bike in a bit because its been to hot, no time but mainly my helmet.

It was a full face big opening, I wear glasses and needed to get glasses back on after the helmet was put on.
It was bought when I was drag racing my car and not used much back then either.
It is a little tight but being from 2005 felt it was time to replace it.

Being I have glasses a full face was kind of out but liked the full face so went next best thing.
Guess they call it a modular with the lift up chin part. If it is good enough for the State Police its good enough for me.
I went with a HJC 22 - SI - PI - v2 in flat black. I would have liked white but was all they had in my size and just got it in that day. I also would like to go out for a little ride today so ......

I like that it can be configured different ways. Chin up or down, clear visor up or down and it has a dark sun visor that goes up or down. You can have any combo of the 3 you want or none at all and it all clears my glasses.

Being I was spending money on safety and not having a proper riding jacket I bought a Joe Rocket that has removable liners. It was not the style I wanted but it was the only one again in my size. So something being better than nothing I bought it too.

A few days ago I ordered mirrors for the bike as the used ones I bough to replace a bent one that was on the bike, move around when riding, another reason for not riding. I hope the new ones will stay put or I will need to come up with something else.
Someone said to get ones that fit the handle bars as they work better so may need to go that way if they dont work.

I also had not started the bike in months.Once the carbs got fuel, damn vacuum petcock, it fired right up. I let it run till the fan kicked on and gave the bike a once over so it should be good for a ride today.

Stay safe
Dave ----

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E 96 St1100
2,171 Posts
Did you have a good ride?

·
Registered
83 Honda GL650i Silver Wing Interstate
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have a good ride?
Thanks for asking
Yes I did.
First time I have had the bike out in months because of it being so hot down here in the summer and the hours I have been working.
I work out in this heat so the last thing I want to do on a day off is put gear on to go for a hot ride. With a full face helmet and full faring / windshield you get little air.

I also have a 81 Ford F100 flare side pick up I did a 4 year cab off frame rebuild on and have been taking it to car shows on Saturday's after the weekly trash run.
I been working 6 days, Sunday thru Friday. Besides no time for riding it leaves little time for work around the house, 3 hours just to cut the grass with a 60" deck tractor.

Now that it is cooler I hope to get more seat time in.
Dave ----

1 - 3 of 3 Posts