Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Ultrasonic Cleaner

4K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  raulbajamx 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Have to agree with that. The Harbor Freight unit is 2.5 liters, will hold both carbs and costs retail $79.95. Print this coupon Harbor Freight 20% off coupon to get 20%, or $16.00, off the retail price. This will bring your total before 'bay shipping or sales tax to within about $10.00 of what the 'bay unit sells for. There are several of us that have this unit and it works well.

#4 ·
It's only 2 1/2 inches deep. Not even one carb would fit.

This is the one I have used in the past with great success. And if you go buy a magazine for trucks or cars, in there will be a 20% off coupon that you can add to any sale price at Harbor Freight Tools. Sonic cleaner

Bryan beat me to it, lol

#5 ·
After the 2.5l one from Harbor Freight, I would look for one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRANSON-3200-UL...293?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa3a39f6d

But then you are looking at $175-$250 for it.

I still want one because it will sink a set of our carbs in it at one time.

and you wont have to rotate them just to get parts under the cleaning fluid.

Still need to rotate a bit to help the cleaning process though.

And it will run longer than 8min at a time too. *grin*

#7 ·
Better yet, use pinesol in the ultrasonic.

I did a pair of carbs in an hour yesterday and they look new.

#13 ·
I saw that, guess Its time for a HB run.

#14 ·
I used the Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner. It works. But you have to keep restarting it, it times out after about 8 minutes. If you don't seperate the carbs they won't fully submerge, you'll have to keep turning them. It does however work at a reasonable price. I used mean green and distilled water.

#22 ·
I used the Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner. It works. But you have to keep restarting it, it times out after about 8 minutes. If you don't separate the carbs they won't fully submerge, you'll have to keep turning them. It does however work at a reasonable price. I used mean green and distilled water.

I've got that same HF U/S cleaner. I used it today to try to clean up some lug nuts from my boat trailer.... rusty, nasty looking things. I used the ultrasonic on it for several minutes at a time for at least three tries, using white vinegar as a cleaning agent. Didn't really get the effect I was looking for.

So now those lug nuts are floating around in some corn cob media in my brass tumbler that I use for reloading ammunition. We'll see how they look after buzzing around in that all night.

#15 ·
#17 ·
No, that's the HF special - 8 minutes, 1 heat setting.

I haven't specifically tested heat vs no heat, but heated medium is supposed to clean better.

R

#16 ·
How important is it to have a heater as part of the unit?

#18 ·
Heat helps, but while running any US heats the water without an outside source, albeit more slowly. As for the 8 minute limitation, by the time I finished haggling with the folks at HF, I bought mine for $39.95 + sales tax out the door. Received a discount for buying the model on display and combined that with the 20% coupon. For that kind of money I really don't mind re-starting it a few times.

#21 ·
What's the problem with heating the water before you put it in the device. You will probably even get it hotter than the ultrasonic cleaner can. BillRod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.