Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just opened the April 2020 issue of Motorcycle Mojo and there are two CXs in it. The one on p.39 (& the cover) is yet another back breaking, barely legal cafe style custom. The one on p.9 should be more familiar to CX500forum members....

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
The build article is available online:

Seems very thoughtfully executed, if that's your thing.
I assume p.9 shows a Larry project, but it's not accessible.

Randall

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm more annoyed than pleased to see them...one of my favorite things about the CX was its obscurity. Now it seems like the shops have run out of KZ's and CB's to drive up the cost of so now they'll do it to the CX, too...

Who's making the spoke rings now?

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, P.9 is the letters page. A few months ago Editor Glenn mentioned "the misery we motorcyclists face in the depths of winter" so I sent him an email telling him that there is a remedy for that with our Polar Bear Ride pic. We emailed about it a bit and he apparently thought it worthy of being the lead letter this month, complete with pic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What's this all about?

"...BMW’s first entry into the cruiser market..." ???

This writer needs to get out more!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Who could forget about the ill fated Pierce Brosnan Beemer? A face only a mother could love... :p

r1200c.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's exactly the bike I was thinking of... looks like it rode through a JC Whitney catalog on its way out of the factory lol...

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know, I always kind of liked they way they made them a cruiser that didn't look like the Harley clones everyone else was making.

But the R18 does look a lit better, especially in the classic BMW black & pinstripes.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
I don't know, I always kind of liked they way they made them a cruiser that didn't look like the Harley clones everyone else was making.
Maybe that's why I kinda like this one. I'm definitely not a cruiser guy.

Randall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts