Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike won't turn over unless i start to roll it in neutral like it doesn't realize its in neutral. Any idea what causes this.

·
Super Moderator
11,468 Posts
Can you be a bit more specific? Key in and on? Clutch lever pulled? Starter motor turning over? Once started any issues? Wheel chocks pulled out? ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes key is on bike is on clutch lever pulled in and I have to wheel it a bit to like trick it to turn over.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Loose battery connection??
Main fuse not making good contact??
Going to step out on a limb here and say its electrical and you better break out your multi meter and start hunting it down OR break out your wallet and let someone else do it for you

·
Super Moderator
11,468 Posts
Yes key is on bike is on clutch lever pulled in and I have to wheel it a bit to like trick it to turn over.
This makes me think there is something amiss in the rear case with the shifting dogs not meshing right. The neutral switch is keyed to the locating node on the shifting cogs, so rotating the wheel a bit to get the node in the right spot might be whats going on. (My terminology may not be correct)
Did this just start happening? Any work done inside the rear case recently?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bike fell recently because my kickstand is probably too long which sprung a leak in my transfer tube once i pulled the carbs out and put them in then it started acting up so the fall could have caused it. I did tweak the throttle cable maybe something came loose when i opened up the throttle/kill switch/starter button

·
Registered
906 Posts
My wife seems to turn over randomly. Or maybe it's not so random, more to do with my snoring habit.
Regarding your situation, maybe you are moving something else when rolling the bike, like the kill switch and starter button connections. I would take it apart again and check them for intermittent contacts.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
check all the electrical connections for corrosion. Fuses , bullet connectors etc. Eliminate one item at a time , then re-test the start process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts