Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 1979 CX500 Custom The rear blinkers will not turn on at all. The Front ones will turn on solid until i turn on the turn signal then they turn off. Where is the blinker relay located i cannot find it. Does anyone have a picture of the wiring inside the headlight for the blinkers. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not blinking is more an "indicator" (sorry for the pun) of something wrong with wiring or bulb or connection to the base. Cheapest is to replace bulbs to see if the blinking starts. Then check the continuity of the ground to the bulb which does not light. Wire-in a temp replacement to see if the side starts blinking. If it does, then problem is with either wiring or connection to the base.

My 80 CX500c left turn signal did not blink when I bought it some time ago. I have a Fetter Windjammer 4 fairing. The ground connection to the front left bulb base had broken. Soldered it back, and all worked. But not until I fought and fought with the SOB. As an annoyance, when the ground was still bad, the lamp lit up, but that side would not blink.

Montana Clifford

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.